So I went in search of a first birthday present today and never expected to have so much trouble finding something fun, not uber expensive and cute... First I wanted to get some little people toys- Since when did those all become ages 2 and up, with bendi people and small accessories? I was able to find the big sets like the Ark and Castle but with all due respect I'm not spending 30 bucks on a birthday present, and neither Mart, Target or Toys R Us had anything smaller... Plan B didn't work cause there is somehow a shortage of cute, age appropriate, but not 30 buck toys..
So plan C I decided to get a cute book. Did I miss the banning of classic literature? I wouldve thought in the whole corner of kids books at Borders I'd be able to find *something* reasonable (IMO 15 bucks for Go Dog Go is CRAZY) but the lack of non hard bound "collectors" editions was amazing...
What do kids read now days with the lack of Berenstein Bears, Little Critter & Little Golden Books? Borders had about 3 of each series (which were out of range for what I needed today but still!)
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
*sigh*
Welcome to my world!
I suggest board books from the $1 store. That way they can tear them up or eat them and you didn't spend an arm and a leg. Plus, board books are a lot easier for teeny hands!
We got a whole series of Sesame Street board books (5 of them I think) at our $1 store about a year ago.
Post a Comment