Its amazing how it seems NO ONE is taking it at work anymore and its all become a blame game... So yesterday we had a cash bar that apparently no one really put 2 and 2 together until the cashiers showed up and then suddenly it became *my* problem... Yeah thanks- not that I really minded the 2.5 hours of overtime but a little warning would've been nice... Well one of the registers broke and so I called it in and left a detailed note about WHAT was wrong and instructed that the registers needed to be down in their spots and run though their paces at least 20-30 min before the event starts to avoid issues... Yeah so didn't happen so of course one register never even got set up, the second one broke and mine was the only one that could take credit cards... Afterwards it became the blame game between the mgr. of the function and the person who was supposedly in charge of the registers for the function (and I personally set the blame totally on the person in charge of the registers) but it was amazing how NO ONE took any responsibility for the issue
Put me in charge and I guarantee that all 3 registers would be operational, functional and open on time... Oh wait I'm not smart enough for that, I'm just the one who has to pick up the pieces for every cashiering shift (though I cant complain that it'll have gotten me almost 7 hours in overtime in a week we were only scheduled 34 hours)
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment