Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sometimes its not what is said its how its said...

So today I saw the sign at work and it shouldn't bother me as much as it does... They are turning the break room into a storage area because they need somewhere to store valuable things etc etc- Okay while it may be true- It sent a VERY strong message that people are less valuable to them than things... Yeah thats a strong morale builder for your team... 

It also shows the blinder mentality that seems to be so present now days as the most basic of questions have received no answer from the ones who made said decision... I don't profess to be the smartest cookie in the jar but when I can think of at least 20 questions as to protocol now- why weren't some of them thought of and addressed before this was decided so there were more reactive statements than a head shrug? Shows the true color of the company these days..

sigh- When I truly matter less than a metal elephant or a ceramic block it makes me so excited to go to work tomorrow and do a good job. 

No comments: