Working in the hospitality industry has its days and today was one of them... I am all for providing the best service possible but when it gets abused and stretched to the extreme I loose any sympathy.. For instance when we can "do nothing right" but in all honesty we had no "service failures" (ie everything went out on time, was correct etc) when we are getting railed for the tiniest things it becomes less of good service and more cover your behind (or the ever classic &^% if you do and (*%& if you don't) to the point I'll be there on my day off (and if I wasnt making time and a half..) to try to help the team survive the day without loosing more to this group...
This is also a good lesson on controlling the amount of chiefs anything has and make sure those chiefs know their place.. Trying to deal with 4 want to be chiefs who do not agree with the head chief makes for a rough day for everyone..
I may just be open minded to much having worked in retail and hospitality for the last 7 years but I think you need to give some wiggle room for service. Things are bound to happen that no one can control and to not let the little things ruin an experience as long as those in charge acknowledge and remedy the situation to the best of their ability...
sigh- its all just one big learning experience isn't it...
No comments:
Post a Comment