Monday, September 29, 2008

We don't cry because its over, we smile because it happened..

Famous last words..  So the last two weeks have gone way to fast and now the Adventurers Club is just a memory. No more Hooplas (HOOPLA), Induction Ceremonies, Balderdash Cups (Go Otis!), Artifact or Aritfake lessons, Talking Masks, Singing Colonels, Club Presidents, Rhythm Rituals, Radiothons, Salutes, Songs about Cows, Donkeys, Toast, Saints and everything else under the sun or Kungalooshs...  

But for me the end started to happen weeks ago, when the club as I really known it slowly was crowded out to oblivion.  While I have no regrets (okay so not asking for time off is one) I missed the club where you didn't have to queue 3 hours in advance for a chance to see the show, where you got to sit down, and had more than 2 inches of personal space to yourself... But I loved every minute of it and wish it could go on forever.. I guess I always thought that I would leave the club before it ever left me. 

Now its just a memory, a stack of 14 cups (did NOT realize I had so many..) a pile of wristbands (every color of the rainbow I think), 600+ pictures (how I wish I wouldve bought a digital SLR before it closed) and thousands of memories. I wish I had more time to let those I love experience the club and get to know it. It it pretty impossible to describe it, its something that needed to be experienced to understand. Now Ill do my best to be a true Adventurer and not forget its stories, songs and legacies with the hope that one day it will be recognized for the gem it was. 

I am happy that we as guests did the club proud the last two weeks showing that while we couldn't change the decision we wouldn't let the Club go quietly into oblivion without showing how proud we were to be Adventurers. One of my favorite quotes was from one of the original cast from the club last Tuesday in the Main Salon which was stuffed to the gills to another cast member, " it is tuesday right?" then turns to the rest of the crowd and says its tuesday ?!?, where have you all been for the last 19 years.. Having the Club hit capacity less than 20 min after opening was great the last day (esp as I was IN the club when it happened- had I been outside I doubt I would've been so impressed..) 

I want to give a huge thank you to the cast and crew of the Adventurers Club and thank them for letting us be a part of the magic and adventure of the place, and know that I am grateful for each one of them. 

Marching along were Adventurers, singing the song of Adventurers... Up or Down, North South East or West, an Adventurers life is best...

No comments: