Thursday, March 26, 2009

Today I think I'm grateful...

It seemed every hour today we heard of more and more people that were laid off/let go/fired how ever you choose to say it.. but the more and more I kept hearing about it has made me grateful of the skills and education I have, that even if/when this job ends, I won't be starting from nothing.. One story in particular that got me thinking was one who started with the company on the college program and never left (and never finished school) who worked their way through Attractions to become a manager where they have spent the last 6-8 years. They have been with the company over 17 years total until today when they were let go. They were good at their job but now what. In the outside world they really have no "marketable skills."

I also think I am grateful that this company became "a company" to me before its now become "just another company" because while I hate the reality we are living in, I understand it better and its not how dare this "wonderful, magical place" do that. It may be a great place but at the end of the day all that matters is dollars and cents.

Sigh- I am ready for the tension and fear to be over with...

No comments: