Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Will they ever fly?

So I think I figured it out... Its a ploy to get the Shuttle program extended past '10 by not launching what they have, itll force the program to fly longer- I am a HUGE fan of NASA but I am starting to wonder why its taking so long to get a shuttle up between Atlantis's issues with Hubble (which okay is not really Atlantis's problem) and now another delay with Discovery... It should be 2 for the year and so far its 0...

So today I wanted to go see the shuttle launch "up close" and had been debating on if/where to go. When I heard Kennedy were selling tickets for todays launch I decided to go and was impressed to learn that it was not a special ticket for visitor complex (so free! since I have an AP) and I had fun seeing things I hadnt before (though the kids show is about 25 min longer than it should be..) until the launch was scrubbed about 3:00... Course I had just bought the refillable "mug" so that was a waste of 5 bucks... but it was still a fun day (though I *really* wanted to see the launch but if it gets pushed till Mon/Tues Ill prob try to go back...) I did buy the pin...


I did like the special maps they did...



but not a fan of the card..


but here is Discovery hiding from view...


and 39B is getting upgraded to support Orion and the Constellation program

No comments: