Sunday, November 2, 2008

>I don't believe they care. Not at all.<

So I was reading a topic today on LP and I have never wanted to comment so bad on a topic I know I shouldn't so instead I'll post here... Somehow it seems safer. 
 >>Now is the time to get all of standards up to what they should be...>>
>They have to want to do it, buddy. I don't believe they care. Not at all.< 
They don't. Its that simple they don't. They care more about the bottom line and protecting their rears than they do about the history and heritage that built the company. If you don't fit their mold and their goals and actually attempt to think outside the box and bring the "famous" standards back into today then you will find yourself under the bus. They don't want to be threatened in their lack of ability and skills and will keep you under that bus..  Things that made this company famous are going by the wayside because they don't care. I think one word that can easily describe it is lazy- the leaders are to lazy to keep the standards themselves and to lazy to enforce the standards in their team. Reprimands take time and paperwork, its just easier to ignore the violation. 

The only goal now days it how to maximize cash while minimizing outlay and effort. They are trying to put the Mart model into everything and give everyone the exact same experience instead of providing dozens of choices and let people create their own experiences, but that costs more and may require more training and staff... 

sigh- I may love this company but I do not like it

No comments: