Sunday, November 30, 2008

Quote of the Day..

So today in between making snowflakes (YES we were that bored..) at work today,  I was reading one of the few management books I like (If Potter ran GM) and one of the quotes stuck out and I quote " Corrupt leaders tend to hire corruptible people and then mold them into their image, to the long term mutual detriment of all."  That one sentence describes this company all to well. If you can't be molded to think like they think then you have no chance. 

If you threaten to pull back the curtain and revealing that the mighty Oz is nothing more than a simple man then you will be eliminated. They don't want you to know that it is all a mere shroud of power, that there truly is nothing more than someone whose mere accomplishment was that of deceit and corruption. 

Its easier to make decisions when you aren't the one who has to answer the questions and see what and who that decision affects. Leading is more than just words its an action.

But what do I know- I'm not "good enough" for this company. 

No comments: