I will have to say though if our prop 2 was written as California's is I would still be voting against it, no questions asked. I honestly think that as long as they are consenting adults they should be allowed to marry whoever they want, girl, boy, big, small, short, tall, black, white, yellow, purple it doesn't matter. Allowing them to marry does NOT take away from my rights. I am still able to marry whoever *I* like. Its just allowing people to experience the same type of joy as others. Religions have always had "rules" on getting married in their religion, so if they want to add the whole requirement of being male/female, feel free. Just like you have to meet the qualification of worthiness for them you'll have to meet one more qualification. Its THEIR right to deny a male/female couple who doesn't belong just as easily as a male/male or female/female..
But where society is supposed to have the whole church/state separation who are we to make those kind of qualifications? It seems silly that a girl can get married at 16 to a boy but two 30+ year olds who happen to be both men cant share the same experience.. Statistically who would be married in 10 years? Let's let everyone have the chance to have a wonderful (or horrible) life time together. Why just let the hetros have all "fun"? (Yes I *know* I'm going to hell for believing in it but I think I'll have more fun with my friends and their partners (whoever they be) than those who are so narrow minded their blinders are stuck shut...)
I heard somewhere that this is just another evolution of our society and it makes complete sense. 100 years ago we needed 10+ kids to survive, 50+ years ago segregation was still acceptable, 25 years ago the internet was a foreign word to most, 10 years ago cell phones were bricks. Now its all different, which is not a bad thing...
Okay so apparently I had more to say than I thought...

No comments:
Post a Comment